Seachoice Outriggers

jarway

Seaman
The following question was with regard to outriggers and not downriggers. Sorry. <br />Anyone familiar with the Seachoice downrigger package for mounting in gunwales. They are listed for sale on the Iboats site but obviously I am suspicious because the price is <$150 compared to $1000's for other types like Taco. However, it looks like they come with all the rigging, telescoping poles, and mounts. <br /><br />I am interested in putting a set on a 19 foot CC Sea Nymph that I will use on Lake Erie for walleye and steelhead trolling and perhaps the Chesapeake for stripers. Most of my friends use planer boards or dipseys but I thought for this price it would be a good option. Could run 2 lines off of each-- one lead core and the other with a dipsey and get it farther from the boat. However, somewhat conerned about them slapping the waves in heavier seas since it doesn't appear that they have any adjustments? Sea Nymph is a V hull and pretty high sided though. Any advice wiould be appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 49 | From: PA | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged | <br /> <br />jarway <br />Seaman Apprentice <br />Member # 37503 <br /><br /> posted March 27, 2006 07:07 AM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Oops-- Outriggers and not downriggers. Senior moment.