Mackie-Ltd Magnum Force Boats

wreckless

Seaman
I recently purchased a 1978 16 ft Mackie-LTD Magnum Force bass boat. Does anyone know anything about Mackie boats or where to find info on them. I have searched all the web sites that I can find to no avail. The boat seems to be built very well and is in really good shape for it's age. <br /><br />Thanks....Paul

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Mackie-Ltd Magnum Force Boats

If the first three characters of your HIN (hull identification number start with XMK the info is recorded in the Coast Guard registry of manufacturers identification codes.<br /><br />Details for Manufacturer Identification Code "XMK"<br /><br />MIC: XMK <br /><br />Status: Out of Business <br /><br />Company: IMACKIEFLOAT <br /> <br />Address: 1604 SW 38TH <br /><br />City: OKLAHOMA CITY <br /><br />State: OK <br /><br />Zip: 73119 <br /> <br />Out of Business: 5/17/1978 12:00:00 AM <br /> <br />Type: Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon Boats

wreckless

Seaman
Re: Mackie-Ltd Magnum Force Boats

Thanks for the info. I already guessed the company had gone out of business or bought by another company and changed names. I bought the boat and trailer for $100 and the little boat seems to be built really solid. I just installed a 55hp Johnson on it. It is rated for a 175 but I don't need all that power for what I am using the boat for.