Tahoe q4 fish and ski

Andyaviano

Recruit
Hi Im in the market for a fish and ski boat I really like the the tahoe q4 fish and ski. Does anyone have any info, (pros and cons) on this boat or maybe reccomend another similar boat. Im a first time buyer and a little apprehensive about signing on the dotted line without having to much knowledge about boats. Dont want to make the wrong decision. I would appreciate any info I can get thank you

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Tahoe q4 fish and ski

Prices will vary, but for comparisons look at Bayliner, Larson SEi, and Maxum MX. Take your time in checking them out. Look at the inside of the helm and various compartments. How comfy the seats are, use of bolts vs screws, backing plates, tidy wire runs, open structures vs use of brackets, all the nitty-gritty stuff. Basic designs and specs on these boats are pretty similar, the devil is in the details and workmanship.<br /><br />Kelly Cook

sumcat1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I bought a new Q4SF last year. 190hp V6(carbed).Plenty of power for me.Rode rough and liked to porpoise in light chop with 2 aboard.Installed Smart Tabs and took care of most of those problems which I now understand are common to bowriders in that size.I am pleased with fit and finish. There is no dry storage if you get caught in the rain. The trailer is low and I had to give up one ramp.I would get brakes. I tow with a 4.0 Ranger and they make a difference.If you plan to do your own maintenence get the remote oil filter on the V6. Overall it suits my family well and after attending 2 boat shows I haven't seen anything else I'd rather have for the money.

Andyaviano

Recruit

Thanks for your time, I appreciate the info Im gonna look up those boats kelly...Also thanks sumcat glad to hear from an owner. I had only found one other review of this boat and it was negative. I hate to bother you again but im wondering why is the price for the outboard more than the inboard. It seems like the inboard gives more space. I asked the dealer at bass pro shop he said he did not know, I find that hard to believe. Im gonna be fishing in salt water does that make a difference in motor type?<br />Thanks guys

John_S

Rear Admiral

Andy,<br /><br />You should be able to find allot of info on this site, for OB vs I/O. In very general terms, the I/O needs more maintenance over the years, exhaust manifolds, bellows, and winterization costs. Salt water requires additional maintenance for both, ie flushing with a kit or fresh water after each use.

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

I looked at a tahoe and then bought a four winns fish & ski, the dealership sold both brands. I would shop around to compare and look for a deal. Larson, Glastron also make nice f/s. We went with the I/O for the rear deck space and quietness.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

That price difference has been the case for quite a few years now. I think that's the main reason most pleasure boat builders gave up on outboards and now offer only I/O. Which is the better choice for a particular model boat will depend a lot on how successfully that builder designs in the power package. Some builders are better at I/O than OB. In the case of pure fishing boats it can be viceversa.<br /><br />Kelly

bullgator99

Seaman Apprentice

I'm very happy with my Four Winns Horizon 170 F&S. Before buying a Tahoe, I would check with some Tahoe owners to see if they are satisfied.