Electronics for Hydra Sport

jacktr64

Recruit
Greetings:<br /><br />First post guys. I just bought a Hydra Sport CC and it has everything I need except electronics. I do have the VHF radio, but I need some kind of Depthrecorder/GPS combo and don't know where to start and my dealer is not helping much. I will fish mostly in Raritan Bay and light offshore. Anyone have good experience with something like this? Anyone with a Hydra Sport, and if so, what electronics? Thanks in advance, hope to reciprocate in future. Jack

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Electronics for Hydra Sport

Welcome aboard Jack and congratulations on the new boat.<br /><br />IMO Garmin, Lowrance, and Humminbird make some fine and affordable electronics. They can provide just about anything you would possiably need to support your fishing and cruising needs.<br /><br />I'm kinda partial to the Garmin products, there user friendly with a great track record. I just recently bought for myself the 198C combo GPS Fishfinder and have been totally satisfied. <br /><br />The iboats Mega Mall has quite a selection at really good prices be sure to check them out .

jacktr64

Recruit

Thanks Reel Poor. The Garmin 198C sounds like what I need. What should I expect the dealer to install something like that. He said he would install what I choose. Not sure what to do. Thanks so much for the help.<br /><br />Jack

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I really dont know what the dealer would charge to install a unit like this.<br /><br />I can find this unit on the internet, including external antenna and dual frequency transom mount transducer, priced anywhere from $825.00 to $1195.00 depending on where you search.