New boater - looking at Sea Ray 185 Sport

Trainwreck06

Cadet
I recently started looking at boats recently and really like the Sea Ray 185 Sport. I live in Baytown, TX which is close to a Marine Max. Would you guys reccomend them as a dealership? <br /><br />I am also unclear on pricing. They have discounts up to $7K and $8K on their boats and I wasnt sure what the deal was with that. I sell motorcycles, so I know the process. I dont want to take that and be happy with it if there is more money to work with. I also dont want to beat the deal to death so that when I go back in I get treated right and the salesman doesnt run and hide. haha! <br /><br />What should I look for when I'm doing this whole process? What should I ask for and what should I not do? What kind of finance rates can I expect with really good credit? Is $500 a year about right for insurance? <br /><br />I was also told that the red/gray color scheme was the only thing available in the black boat. I saw in the 05 the interior was gray and black which I liked much more! Anyone know if its still available? What options would you get? The boat is strictly for cruising. I dont like watersports. <br /><br />Thank you for your patience in reading this and for any advice you can offer!

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New boater - looking at Sea Ray 185 Sport

Builder's play games with their MSRP figures. And you hardly ever get to see a dealer's invoice. So new boat discounts cannot be doped out with the same confidence as for cars (or bikes). Your best bet is to get different dealers to compete for price. For example Chaparral is at about the same market level as Sea Ray. And you don't need to be shy about letting each dealer know you are talking to the other guy.<br /><br />Kelly Cook