Oil warning light on a Suzuki 90 DT

ToddCarey

Recruit
I have a 1996 Suzuki 90 DT that has the oil warning light set. She was still smoking as much as always, so I suspected something else was wrong. I purchased a service manual for the engine, and according to the book, it is the low oil flow sensor which was set off. The book indicates it is normally open, so to test it I pulled the leads to the sensor, and the oil warning light did not reset. Now I suspect the CDI unit has gone bad, but I'm in sticker shock about the price of a new one. For over $900.00, it is an expensive componet to change out "just to see". I also noted that the "low oil reset" button on the motor does not seem to give the 30 minutes of reset on the rev limiter as the book describes, so I'm relatively sure the CDI is bad.<br /><br />Is there any solution to not purchasing a new CDI unit ?? At 10 years old, I'd even forgo the "safety" of the oil sensor and just mix oil in my gas (not use the oil injection), but the blasted rev limiter will not let me use the engine to any capability....