Yamaha email

myelo

Seaman Apprentice
Does anyone know of an email address to Yamaha customer service? I cannot find one on the site.<br /><br />I have a BRAND NEW Yamaha VMax 150 with less thatn 3 hours on the motor....water psi goes to between 6 and 8 then if RPMs go above 1500, water pressure drops to 0! Engine warning buzzer goes off, motor stopped running. Checked water intakes, flushed hoses, nothing in there. I took to my service department, but with only 3 hours on the motor...I don't want it fixed, I want it REPLACED! Want to write a complaint. Had to troll in for 1 mile at 9:30 at night!!!!<br /><br />Anyway, any help is appreciated. Don't expect to spend $26K on a new boat and have to TROLL in...I could do that on my '72 POS! Thanks again!

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yamaha email

Well, I don't know the consumer legislation in your country but where I live the dealer always has a couple of chances to try to correct any trouble with a new outboard. You just can not demand a new outboard like that I think. Just cool down and let the dealer handle this in cooperation with Yamaha.

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

There are a lot of Yamaha VMax engines out there and there reputation isn't a bad one. It might be a simple problem which the dealer can easily fix under the warranty. I admit that it is annoying but Bo is probably right.

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer

yamaha will politely send you to your dealer myelo. it could well be an installation problem. or you could have damaged something via blocked cooling intakes in that 3 hours.<br />the first step is always to the dealer to find the cause.