130 hp 1989 Yamaha 2 stroke Alarm Problem

raverys12

Recruit
I keep have an alarm go off in my throttle control unit. The water circulation seems to be fine off the motor. This unit does have oil injection ... not sure if the alarm is related to that. One thing that happens just prior to the alarm sounding is that the three dash light on the tilt gage start to flash then the alarm goes off. The lights left ot right are Temp, Oil, Gas - then the tilt indicator. Motor doesnt seem to be getting hot ... Help will be appreciated, Later, Bob. :rolleyes:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 130 hp 1989 Yamaha 2 stroke Alarm Problem

what year is the tach<br /> if it has 3 bars and a thermometer on the face then overheat will illuminate the thermometer. 3 flashing bars indicate low engine tank level. usually caused by a clogged remote oil tank filter. the filter should be replaced at 200 hours OR yearly whichever comes first. if it will do ok at idle and run 15 min or so then do it again check/replace the remote oil tank filter. is this tach the factory digital multifunction or some type of aftermarket. next time it does it pop the hood and look at the engine tank level. not looking at the tach its hard for me to tell. your unit is old enough to have aactual light bulbs. but it does seem to be an oil alarm.