1998 Suzuki 225 EFI - HELP

jonjar2

Seaman
Hey - I have a '98 Suzuki 225 EFI on my 24' Wellcraft...I was running in from offshore the other night and the engine just slowly went from 5200RPM to a stall...I don't know what happened, while waiting for the tow boat I tried cranking it a few times with no luck. Then I checked for kinks in the fuel lines and emptied the fuel/water seperator, still no luck. The next day at the dock I cranked it and it ran for about 20 seconds and stalled. Then I kept cranking it and it wouldn't turn over, sounded like it was flooded. I also noticed that when I turned the key to the on position the fuel pump clicked but didn't run. I waited about an hour and then advanced the throttle a bit and started it, and it ran for a few minutes, then shut off. I haven't been able to get it to run at all since. It's strange, sometimes the fuel pump runs and sometimes it just clicks, but when I connect it directly to 12 volts it runs. Any ideas?

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1998 Suzuki 225 EFI - HELP

I had a similar problem but my motor wouldn't even start. Wound up being the CDI.

jonjar2

Seaman

No, the motor starts. It occasionally will start and run for a few minutes, then dies.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

does the cdi control the fuel pump flow rate?

jonjar2

Seaman

i dont know...does anybody know if the cdi controls the fuel pump flow rate on this motor?

zembla

Cadet

Hi! just to remind you that the cdi does not control the fuel pump,it is mainly the work of the micro computer & the sensors.check out the the small fuel filter at the pumps inlet if you are facing problems with the flow.