Suzuki DF50, color falling from the block

peterv6i

Cadet
Here i have post a picture of my Suzuki DF50.<br />The problem is that the color from the block of my outboard is falling down. <br />What is the right procedure and what type of protection colour i must use to solve the problem.<br />Every year I change the Zinc protectors but I think that this not depend from it.<br />
suzuki2.jpg

Lasse Lehtonen

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Suzuki DF50, color falling from the block

Seems like there is some water/vapour getting under paint and when you use it, it heats up and the heated water breaks the paintwork.It is possible that when your engine was made/painted there was some paint mixture problem etc on suzuki factory causing the paint to be weak. I dont think that Zinc protectors are causing this. The engine is made out of aluminium and the paint stripping off is not a minor problem at such a small area.Also a small coolingwater leak in the head could cause this, but I dont believe this is more serious.

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Overheating is another cause for paint to come loose in an overheated area.<br />How old is this Suzuki DF50? Still under warranty?

peterv6i

Cadet

My suzuki is 4 years old..<br />I have show you some minor areas where the paint is weak.. there are also on the other parts which are not warm during the engine is on..<br /><br />Maybe the salt water and temperature cause this problem because I have found salt arround the motor block.. So the watter was 100% there...