F100 rough between 4200 and 4800rpm

ADKLittle

Recruit
I have a 4yr old F100 (I'm told this is now the F90) that I find is rough between about 4200rpm & 4800rpm. <br />I am new to owning and maintaining boats, but I've tried to think of everything that could be causing it.<br />I bought the boat and motor a month ago(4yr old package), but I had them checked out before I bought them. Unfortunately they didn't find an air leak @ the fuel filter for 2 weeks (it was sometimes almost impossible to prime, and once after a run I noticed the bulb was full of air).<br />Unfortunately, yesterday I noticed the bulb isn't staying hard and still seems to be getting some air. That said, during some of the rougher periods, I checked the bulb and it was still firm.<br /><br />Now the thing that worries me the most is that I don't know anything about how to use the Racor fuel filter and can't seem to find Idiot proof instructions on it. (How to inspect it? How to drain it? How to change it?) Could bad fuel be wrecking my motor? <br /><br />Any help would be appreciated.