1993 225 Suzuki cold start smoke

Fishhead-1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Been reading board for a few years,thanks Rod Bolt have learned a few things.Finally have a problem I havent seen posted.DT 225 oil injected,fuel injected,2 plugs per cylinder,Cold start excessive smoke,dosent run rough,but clears up after a couple minutes.Dosent smoke at all after that.Very low hours on engine.Been to dealer for problem,no available answers.Between oil injector pump and intake is somthing that looks like check valves,are they? and could they be leaking by during overnight.I de carb once a year and runs great and starts unbelievable quick.Thanks again for you guys. Fishhead

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1993 225 Suzuki cold start smoke

I would rather doubt the check valves however its possible. with 8 qts of oil above the pump if one leaks its possible to drip oil in the intake track. its also possible the shaft seal on the pump is leaking a bit. the check valves are testable and the pump can be removed and observed for leakage. but smoke at start up with a two stroke is rather normal. even with EFI ya get some smoke when cold. is this smoke new or has it always smoked cold ?

Fishhead-1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks rod bolt with the response, yes its new, never this much,but looks worse in water.On muffs dont look bad on land.Probably no big deal,but Ill have to address it.Ill get new clear hoses, check the valves,if there good ill go to pump.I suppose if a valve leaks by gravity a guy would probably be able to blow through by mouth?Or blow other way to test?What kind of pressure does pump produce? Have cleaned oil tank out by removing and cleaning,allways clean and have changed small filter/sender. Again thank you. Robb

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

let me look in the manual and see if the pressure/vacum specs are there. i iknow yamaha has it but cannot remember if suzuki does<br />but if you start dissconecting lines and such, mix up a shop tank with premix until you restablish the correct functioning of the oiling system.