super six dt150 fowlin plugs

kemawolf

Cadet
i have an older 1988 dt150 i put new plugs in and it ran great second time out its fowlin fuel filter and lines ok ( bout ready to just unbolt it and let it sink) :mad: LOL

jafa

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: super six dt150 fowlin plugs

All equally fouled or just one side ?

kemawolf

Cadet

the bottom 2 cylenders are the worst then the middle. top cylenders seem to be the warmest when idleing and bottom set are coldest

jafa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Check the thermostats havn't seized open , as a rough guide, you should be able to put your hand on the top cylinders for about 10 seconds before it gets uncomftable. Have you changed oil brands or is this last years oil , different fuel brand ?

kemawolf

Cadet

yea its lastyears Oil and 1/2 mix last years gas but i put in ahlf tank of 93 octane to top it off i had also use fuel stabilizer last year<br /><br />I didnt think of the thermostats being stuck open would do that guess ill have to get a manual to do that sice im lost on this adventure LOL but do appreciate the assistance

jafa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Stuck thermostats will not allow it to reach operating temp and could easily cause plug fouling. It might be that the oil had settled out and the engine took a huge big slug of it, either get rid in the gas in the car (or the neighbours if you dont like them). Lets get some fresh gas in there first , new thermostats , or at least test the old ones.

I always use fresh gas every year. Come fall I'll run one tank dry and only put as much as I need in the other till winter hits. I've seen outboards run horrible on last years fuel. Put fresh in and they run great.

kemawolf

Cadet

thanks sorry phone / puter line was down im gonna try the thermosat thing and see how that goes gonna hve to get manual first to see how the heck to do that

kemawolf

Cadet

ok i got both thermostats out boiled them but they appear to be stuck closed>> <br /><br />if the engine over heats does it not allow to be run and self adjust idle and quit so you dont over heat again