Suzuki 25hp lower unit oil change

BruceW

Cadet
I just got a 2002 25hp Suzuki motor and I didn't get a manual with it. I want to change the oil in the lower unit and am not sure how to do it. I know this is a simple thing but I never did it before , Any info,tips, would be appreciated. <br /> Thanks , Bruce

robards

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Suzuki 25hp lower unit oil change

Info, after draining, fill from the bottom till it comes out of the top hole...suzuki service rep says you need to let it sit for a few and then come back and fill again till no air comes out top hole. I don't completly agree with this but that is another story.<br /><br />Tips, get one of those lubrimatic or yamaha fillers that screw on the top of a quart bottle and screw in the LU and pump it in that way. 80/90W will do but you could go synthetic :~)<br /><br />Hope this helps!

cpj

Ensign

Robards is right telling you to get the pump that mounts on a quart bottle.Trust me, it takes a long time (not to mention mess)if you try to use the tubes of lower unit oil.

kemawolf

Cadet

can you mix synthetic with regular and or cna you go back to regular after you use synthetic ( i heard once you use synth in an enging you shouldnt go back to reg does this apply to a lower unit

robards

Seaman Apprentice

I would check with the manufacturer of the oil, but I use amsoil and they say on their sight, http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/agm.aspx <br /><br />"AMSOIL Universal Synthetic Marine gear Lube is compatible with other commercially available conventional and synthetic marine gear lubes."<br /><br />Hope this helps.