03 Yamaha 4 Sroke Tell Tail Question

oaksmith

Cadet
03 Yamaha 4 Sroke Tell Tail Question

Its been a year now since I fist posted my concerns about my Jet 4 stroke Tell tail not putting hardly any water out a low RPM's and has the speed increases so does the tell tail flow.<br />At idle there is little or no flow! I had a brand new impeller that I just replaced out of concern, but it made no differance!<br />Have been told all kinds of stuff, some say not to worry about it if the alarm is not sounding and that it is normal, other say it is not normal! I've read and search everywhere with no satisfactory answer, Some say that because it is a jet drive I shouldn't worry. What do you all think?

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 03 Yamaha 4 Sroke Tell Tail Question

Re: 03 Yamaha 4 Sroke Tell Tail Question

The telltale is just an indicator,most of the water takes another path,if it is putting out plenty at operational revs you will be OK even though it is disoncerting. If you are running in saltwater it doesnt take many salt crystals to partially block the telltale outlet.<br /><br />Though less than ideal, you will have to rely on your alarm. I dont know about the jet aspects of the problem.