naked babes

ajg8tr

Cadet
Ok, now that I got your attention, will someone please help me with this? It's boring, but I could use the help. This is the text in my last post that no one would answer:<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Got a dumb question here... Just bought my first boat (always used Dad's boats until now) and was prepping for the first trip this weekend by cranking the engine to make sure everything was working. Of course, I hooked up the muff to the water intake on the lower unit prior to ignition, but became concerned when I did not see the water stream coming out of the top of the engine so I shut it off so as not to overheat. I probably ran for 5 to 7 seconds before turning it off. I didn't have a temp. alarm, I was just being cautious. So, my question is, does or should the water come out in a stream from the top of the engine when flushing (as it does when in the water) and if so, how long should it take after the engine is started before it starts coming out? Thanks for your help.

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: naked babes

Make, model, size, color....give us something to tell "What" engine you are refering to....

ajg8tr

Cadet

Didn't know that mattered, sorry. It's a 2001 Saltwater Series Yamaha EFI, OXF66 or something like that. 225 hp. Thanks Kenny

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yamaha Troubles topic.

mcfly99

Cadet

First thing I would remove the cowling and follow the small hose from where the water is to come out of. Sometime bugs (or dirt) will clog the hole. Remove the hose and make sure it’s clear, same with the fitting in the bottom half of the cowling. May just need to take a small piece of wire and run it through to make sure it’s not obstructed.<br /><br />Next, I would change the title of your post…

fishon71

Chief Petty Officer

Should get a good stream of water right away with in seconds out of pee hole, especially with high pressure hose hooked to it..

Kanadakid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Unless it has a therostat.........you won't see water until it heats up.<br /><br />Kid

biederboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I've never seen an outboard that has to open its thermostat before the pisser squirts water but I suppose the exist. My Suzuki definitely waits a few seconds before it shows any water and then it's real strong. I agree that it could be a small clog. I use short blast of compressed air or a small wire. Actually, I carry a can of "compressed air" (to clean computer stuff, etc.) and use the tube at the end to give it a good blast if it happens on the water. Pretty common.<br /><br />Biederboat

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer

hook the hose to the flush attachment but DONT start the engine. do you see water from the telltale now? if not clear the telltale as described above, if you do see water your hose pressure may be too low. <br />what is the service history? hours? <br />it could be service related but do those simple checks first.