96 25 hp Yamaha reverse interlock hook

stkrieg

Recruit
I have a 1996 Yamaha 25 hp model 25ELHU. I had some shift work done at a local repair shop. when I got the motor back I could not tilt the motor without pulling the trim rod. It seems there is a thing called a "Reverse interlock hook" that attaches to the shift rod.I 've only found one repair manual with a picture of it but it doesn't show how to reattach the hook onto the rod so that it works as intended. What is suppose to happen is if the motor is in forward or neutral the motor is suppose to be free to tilt up so if your motor bottoms out or hits a rock the motor will tilt up so the lower unit doesn't get tore up. When the motor is in reverse its locked so it can't tilt. The hook is suppose to move up and down when shifting supposedly right beneath the connecting nuts on the shift rod. Question- How does this hook attach to the shift rod and move up and down when shifting? Right now it just stays in place and the motor is locked so I can't tilt it.I don't know if the hook got bent out of shape when they worked on the motor. Any Help out there? I don't know anyone in the Minneapolis area who knows anything about this.<br />Thanks.<br />SK