Control cable udate for Suzuki 15 4 Stroke ES

Hi:<br /><br />I am rigging a 01 Suzuki 4 Stroke ES on a Garlick manual lift as a kicker/troller. It came with 8' control cables on a Suzuki NA12S throttle /shift unit. I need to retrofit this unit with 15'<br />control cables to reach my console (elect is ok.) <br /><br />I beleive these are the cables required: 14' 99105-11000-014 and they are available at http://store.brownspoint.com/suzuki_page_26.asp: <br /><br />It appears on the engine side that I need to remove the carb silencer assembly to get at the shift rod /clutch lever connector down under and that the throttle cable connector should be readily acessable. The control box change out seems straight forward.<br /><br />My questions to you experts at iboats are:<br /><br />Is this job within the cababilities of the average mechanically skilled person?<br /><br />Are there any hidden things or "gotcha's" to be aware of when I start digging into this job?<br /><br />Have I selected the right replacement parts and are any other parts needed for the swap? <br /><br />Thanks in advance for your assistance.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Control cable udate for Suzuki 15 4 Stroke ES

You can use any 33C type cables - you do not have to buy genuine Suzuki cables. Teleflex 33C Supreme cables are available from any local marine supply. You do not remove the carb silencer - just remove the starboard side cover and you will see it's pretty straight forward.

Re: Control cable udate for Suzuki 15 4 Stroke ES

Thanks Lakensea:<br /><br />I did get them off yesterday and as you<br />indicated it was very straight forward.<br />In fact I was a bit amazed how easy it was<br />for a do it yourselfer as opposed to paying<br />outrageous hourly rates for "rigging" the <br />motor.