'87 DT75 Tilt Lock lever (UPDATE: Got pics thanks!)

Paul Moir

Admiral
Somehow the tilt lock lever on my uncle's Suzuki DT75 got mangled. Probably from trying to operate the tilt/trim with it locked or half-locked. Here's what it looks like now:<br />
4qkefa
4qketf
<br />I would like to bend it back into shape for him - good as new, but I really cannot figure out what it was supposed to look like originally. Would anyone be able to send a pic of an intact one to me? I would also ask for a description, but I don't know if that's really possible for a part like this.<br />I think they used this lever for a number of years on a number of outboards, so I think close enough is good enough. <br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />(email to: paul.moir@ns.sympatico.ca )

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: '87 DT75 Tilt Lock lever (UPDATE: Got pics thanks!)

^Badabump^<br /><br />No-one out there has one of these things handy?

Paul Moir

Admiral

^Bump^<br /><br />Ok, last time I'll bump this. Noone's got nothing?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Hi Paul.. sorry I did'nt see this sooner..<br /><br />I have a 89' DT85 out back.. I'll go have a look at it tomorrow and see if i can get you some pics..

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Paul.. You have mail.. :)

phatmanmike

Captain

hey paul:<br /><br />copy and paste this into your browser:<br /><br />store.brownspoint.com/pdf/DT75_85(86-87).pdf<br /><br />but add" http:// " at the front of it.<br /><br />there is a pic and a part # for you<br /><br /><br />peace<br /><br />mike

Paul Moir

Admiral

Thank you both! The pics snapperbait sent clearly describe the original shape. I would never have guessed.<br />The parts catalog picture didn't show a couple bends that I thought looked factory. I wish I could just buy a new part, but this is a mission of charity and so the money would be coming out of my pocket. I'd rather spend the 1/2 hour with the vice and pliers and fix what I have.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Glad I could help... :)

bcopelan

Cadet

Can you help me? I unscrewed the manual release valve on my 1983 DT 140 to lower the motor base so we could bolt the motor back onto the engine and all of the insides came out. Is there a diagram that shows where the parts go? Can you e-mail me? I would appreciate that very much.