Yamaha Tilt Lock for Trailering

Chesapeake Explorer

Seaman Apprentice
New 90 2S is set on the Whaler. Factory owners manual says not to use tilt lock when trailering.. motor can jump loose?? This tilt lock does not look as secure as the old OMC but if drawn down should it not be OK? Its the tilt lock and the hydralic holding the motor up.To tell the truth I dont see Yamahas on the engine props but now and then mostly bass boats with really big 200hp motors..Whats the story? Motor prop stick really needed or good to go as is..?<br /><br />Boston Whaler 17 Montauk/90-2S Yamaha

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yamaha Tilt Lock for Trailering

I agree the engineering of the tilt locks seems to have been compromised. I've got the Yamaha F150 and use a wedge from http://www.m-ywedge.com/ which goes over the cylinder arms. I only use it when trailering. All other times the motor is down and clears the ground by about 8 inches.

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hi,<br />I use also m-ywedge, I have Yamaha F115.<br />It has worked fine so far (one season).<br /><br />/Bo

Chesapeake Explorer

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Saw the web site and I am going to order one up! one of those "why did we not think of that items" I dont trust that trailer lock.