1985 Yamaha 90 oil pump help

TNBassman

Recruit
I ordered a new oil pump from boats.net for my 1985 Yamaha 90ETLK and they sent me what they say is a superseded oil pump part# 6H1-WS132-00-00 along with an adapter, new linkage and check valves for the oil lines. Has anyone tried to install this pump because I could not get it to fit. The holes do not line up by about an 1/8th of an inch because the bottom of the oil pump hits the block. Even if I did get it to fit I have no idea which cylinders to hook the lines up to, their not marked. Or dose it matter? What should I do? Should I return it and use my old one that I don't have any idea how many hours are on it. Can I just rebuild the old one? If so where can I get an overhaul kit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just got my powerhead back from getting an overhaul because the center cylinder broke a ring and lost compression and I don't want to do this all over again. :(

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1985 Yamaha 90 oil pump help

hello<br /> now ya go back a bit and memory is fuzzy. the old 3 cyl yams had 2 mounting patternes. both were pump specific. off hand I cant remember which is which. but the original pump is NLA and has been replaced,by65L-13761-00-00, according to my parts list. however I would double check that with YDS or parts smart. the original # should have been 6H1-13200-01-00. if it was not you may have to hunt some.

TNBassman

Recruit
Re: 1985 Yamaha 90 oil pump help

FYI I had to modify the block to get the new pump to fit.