What would you do in this situation

glangfor

Seaman Apprentice
I lost 2 cylinders in my 150 Vmax due to water ingestion and had to have the motor rebuilt. Yamaha would not cover the engine and I had to go the insurance route. Just got the boat back last week after taking my boat to a 5 star rated Yamaha dealer in the local area. After running the motor a couple of times. I pulled the hood to adjust the shift linkage and found a power head that looks to be remanufactured. The paint on the block is a different color than the original but the motor runs fine. Is this something I should be alarmed about and is there any way to tell if the motor is a reman instead of new...or rebuilt. I would just like to get a few opinions from the experts on this board. Thanks....

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What would you do in this situation

I would do exactly what you have done: post on iboats about it.<br /><br />I don't think there is a nickle worth of difference between a reman. powerhead from a reputable supplier and a new one.<br /><br />I don't think you have anything to worry about.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

I doubt that they rebuilt an engine that took a drink. Either a new or reman one would be the most likely answer. If it is a reputable reman company, you should be good as new. The dealer would be the only one who could answer that.

glangfor

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Guys...I'll just leave it alone and fish...lol..

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer

yamaha block halves are typically 2 different colours. i fitted a few factory powerheads last year that were.