Rodbolt

RedRustler

Seaman Apprentice
well i found out what was making my 40 hp yammi. sneez.<br />after days and days of poking and proding asking differnt mechanics. and parts counter guys.<br />it turns out that on the yamaha 40 hp the oil seal is not pressed onto the crank.<br /><br />the oil seal is in the bracket that carry's all of the stator's and pulsar coil's remember the one i broke? well it is not a bracket it is a "oil seal housing". the 1 i broke when i removed it i didnt see it before discarding it :rolleyes: . so i called my parts guy agian and he found it for me. the guy who orderd my housing either missed it or didnt think to ask if i wanted a new seal. o-well. <br />so i found a shop with the $5 part that has been driving me nuts for the past three weeks in stock. i picked it up on the way home from work.I just finished installing it and the cough is gone.<br /> the carbs a synced so i will water test it tomorrow.<br /><br />So thanks for all of your help and patience and every thing else it is very much appreciated. :D

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Rodbolt

good deal<br /> good luck on the water test.<br /> and this is why we stress service manuals and the use of them so much.