OHM readings

RedRustler

Seaman Apprentice
ok i have ohm tested secondary coils,pulsar's,and i think the wires for the pulsar's coming out of the CDI<br />All test's were performed with motor and ignition off.<br /><br />Pulsar's<br />W/G = 200.9<br />W/R = 205.9<br />W/B = 204.2<br /><br />spark plug cap's / coil's<br />#1 = 3.453<br />#2 = 3.487<br />#3 = 3.473<br /><br />pulsar wire's from CDI<br />W/G = 9.97<br />W/R = 9.90<br />W/B = 9.90<br /><br />Do these readings seem to be accurate?<br /><br />Yesterday i pulled all of the electrical connector's cleaned and dieelec. greased all plus ground's. I also last night pulled the #3 carb disassembled and soaked and blew out the carb.<br /><br />I put every thing back together today and took the boat to a canal to water test it me,wife,son<br />in the boat while takin off the motor sputter's a little which in my experience all 2 stroke does that. and while running i dont get that cutting on and off that i was feeling while running at 5100 rpm so i guess the mystery is solved.<br /><br />Wihile cleaning the connectors i found that a wire coming from cdi to #1 coil was a little coroded and some green krap in the connection. <br />but after cleaning everything and the carb agian i really dont know what the real problem was.<br />O-well at least it seems to be running correctly for now :)

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: OHM readings

make sure the cam to follower clearance is correct. if this gap is too large your engine will hesitate on acceleration. the cam is the black ramp that moves the small black roller (follower) on the side of your carbs. i like setting this less then factory spec a lot and getting it as close as i can making sure the throttle cable is snug and there is no chance it will hold the throttle open.

RedRustler

Seaman Apprentice

ok thanks i will check that out.<br /><br />Also i am unsure about the piolet screw adjustment. i know the book says 1 1/8 turns out but turning out screw lets in more air and less fuel? turning it in lets in less air and more feul or do i have that backwards?

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer

backwards. as a motor wears it usually requires more gas to do the same thing. its a rare day i set a pilot on the minus side of the spec.