Water In Pontoons

Mike Riordan

Recruit
I have a 1991 21 ft Suntracker Pontoon. Both sides are taking on water. Can drain plugs be intalled?If so, what type? The pontoons are air.(no foam)<br />Is there any type of epoxy (or similiar)to put over existing welds that may have tiny holes?<br />Are there bellows in the pontoons? <br /><br />Any feedback would be appreciated...

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Re: Water In Pontoons

My mother-in-law's pontoon has drains in each pontoon. They are located on the rear as a screw in plug. Takes an allen wrench to get out.

D

DJ

The minnow,<br /><br />I would be surprised if your toons didn't have drains. They could be installed by any welding shop. They should be at the lowest point (FACING REARWARD-NOT DOWN) of each tube.<br /><br />If you suspect leaks. There are several products that will repair aluminum.<br /><br />1. JB Weld.<br /><br />2. Gluv It.<br /><br />Both available at: www.westmarine.com<br /><br />3. If you have the drains installed, the welding shop can weld up any leaks. They can pressurize the toons to find leaks. This would be the best solution. It shouldn't be that expensive.

Mike Riordan

Recruit

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE TOONS DON'T HAVE DRAINS. I CONTACTED A WELDING COMPANY TODAY WHO CAN INSTALL THE PLUGS & PRESSURE TEST, AND SEAL THE LEAKS FOR ABOUT $100.<br />SOUNDED REASONABLE TO ME.<br />WILL POST THE RESULTS NEXT TIME WE TAKE HER OUT.<br />APPRECIATE THE HELP<br />THE MINNOW