NEW Yamaha 4-stroke recall

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Yamaha has another recall out for the 200-225hp V6 4-stroke outboards from 2002 up to and including 2005 models. <br /><br />They still have a throttle sticking problem, even after the earlier recall from last year that replaced the plastic bushings in the throttle linkage. <br /><br />Yamaha is sending letters out to owners of these motors. <br /><br />You can also contact a dealer and mention this recall. If they are not aware of it, it is in a 10 page service bulletin number 2004-010 which is available "online" for dealers.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: NEW Yamaha 4-stroke recall

hey seahorse<br /> glad to see ya about. what is in that bulliten? i have been out country for a bit. pics will follow soon :) :)

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Hey, Rodbolt, welcome back from the big V. I hope you brought back a case of Aniversario rum, that is GOOOOD stuff!!! Isla Marqarita is my favorite spot down there, and the smaller islands offshore. <br /><br />Send pix to my email address. I want to see them.<br /><br />The bulletin is online for you and consists of 3 new "ball joint" link rods that also may cause sticking throttles, just like those PIA bushings did. As usual, parts are on backorder.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hahahah sounds typical. just before I left I did the bushing update on a C model 225 and the floppy bushing recall has been out more than two years. but as soon as my picsw get to wally world and get developed I will send some. I spent 3 days fishing in the tacirigua state park. I also found that 15-20 pound tarpon are very plentiful and bite well and rapidly and are the hardest fish to keep hooked I ever fought :) :) .<br /> I brought back a case of santa teresa :) :) . sippin likker:)<br /> thats for the new recall heads up. when I get back to work Ill look for the bulliten.