1999 Yamaha 115C Suddenly started running rough

Uncle Daddy

Recruit
Motor is maintained like an aircraft...300 hours. Was out fishing for several hours and then tried to get up on plane and run at normal high speed. Motor started sputtering and missing, barely made it back to the ramp. Pulled plugs (only 15 hours on them) and they looked OK...cleaned them...no change. Full size yamaha water separating fuel filter is about a year old and primer bulb was replaced about two years ago. PLEASE don't tell me my carbs are gummed up...I always use stablizer and run the motor every few weeks. If it is carbs, I'll be very bummed because it means even the best of care won't prevent STUPID fuel problems.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1999 Yamaha 115C Suddenly started running rough

hello<br /> its time for a compression test. then dump the contents of your water seperator into a clear container and see how much water is in it if any. then go to the filter on the engine and check it for water. test compression and spark if all that is good odds are the carbs are dirty of the fuel pump diaphram let go. arent you glad airplanes get better maint :) :)