Yamaha F150 fogging connection and water connection

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I'm preparing to winterize my Yamaha F150 for the first time and understand my motor has a connection that enables me to fog the cylinders without taking out the spark plugs. However, I'm not really sure what this connection looks like and where it is. Secondly, I know my motor has a freshwater washdown connection that hooks up to a garden hose which I have already used a few times for the purpose of flushing. Not really sure if this will cool the motor while running and get water through the impeller or if it is basically for flushing. I never ran the motor on the trailer and was wondering if I could start motor up to fog with the hose hooked up or if I have to get muffs?<br /><br />Helpful advice appreciated.<br /><br />Kevin

bossee

Re: Yamaha F150 fogging connection and water connection

Hi,<br />Read the manual for F150, I'm sure it is mentioned there.<br />The manual is availale in PDF to have a look at here:<br /> http://www.yamaha-motor.com/service/manuals/2004/lit-18626-05-62_900.pdf <br /><br />I have a Yamaha F115 (2003) and in manual it say the engine must be turned off when using the flushing device for cleaning cooling water passages.<br /><br />To run the outboard while on trailer for example You must use flushing attachment with rubber cups on the water inlet on lower unit/casing and connect a garden house with good waterpressure in garden house. Start in neutral and run the engine at low rpm.<br /><br />Storing the outboard (winterize):<br />Have a look in the manual (above PDF page 41 etc) where it is decribed (page 42 p. 6-7 about fogging oil).

PAkev

I've read the manual which indicates to spray fogging oil alternately into the intake silencer or the fogging hole of the silencer cover. However, they do not indicate the fogging hole in any of the manual schematics.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> all the air at an idle goes through the IAC and not the throttle shutters. the easiest way to fog it is to rig an "octopus with some vacume line and T fittings and bring 4 hoses into one. plug the 4 hoses into the capped test ports on the intake and fog into the single hose. or you can dissconect the IAC air intake and fog it through that. good luck and keep posting