1999 Yamaha 150 2 stroke fuel filters

mrom1234567

Petty Officer 3rd Class
How many and where are they.<br />I think I am having a fuel problem, what steps should i take to clear blockages?<br />Saltwater series II<br /><br /><br />Michael

sschoener

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1999 Yamaha 150 2 stroke fuel filters

What model 150 hp do you have?

sschoener

Seaman Apprentice

If the motor is carbureted, there is one filter mounted on the port side of the motor.<br /><br />If the motor is fuel injeccted, there is one on the port side of the motor, a screen on the high pressure pump inside the vst tank; on the fuel pressure regulator; and in each injector nozzle. (these screens can get plugged up - I just had to clean all of mine on a s250txrv) There may also be a fuel filter mounted on the boat.<br /><br />The model number is on the port side of the outboard near the bracket. It indicates the type of fuel system; the model year; the shaft length etc.

mrom1234567

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the reply pursuit2470.<br />My Yamahas are also on a 2470 Pursuit.<br />I checked the filter and it looked clean.<br />After removing the fuel filter and dumping it, my motors started just fine. I have not run them under load yet.<br />Today I changed my fuel seperators(Mounted strangely enough on my stern transom where they offen get submerged). There was alot of gunk in them.<br />Michael