What to do with nipples?

mariner15

Cadet
My Suzuki DT4 has a couple nipples on it. <br />Do I just use a grease gun on them? Does it matter what type of grease?<br />serial#-00402 611910<br /><br />Thanks for your help.

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What to do with nipples?

How can anyone pass up that topic! <br />Mac

BF

Lieutenant
Re: What to do with nipples?

Welcome to the sunday night $ex show, <br /><br />seems that no one has the heart to answer, too busy snickering, or trying to come up with the perfect witty line... either that or the moderator has had to delete dozens of hilarious posts that didn't make the PG cut-off!!<br /><br />yes, you want to use a grease gun on the nipples (they're really called zerks)... some might say use marine grease, I use whatever's in my grease gun (usually green wheel bearing grease). If you do it often enough, i don't think it matters what kind it is. Look around, there's often more than 2 (on an outboard I mean). Look at shifter linkages etc. Also grease the other moving parts that may not have zerks while your at it. Grease it more often than once a year. A service manual will show you all the parts that should be greased regularly.<br /><br />Whew, that wasn't too bad, but talk about your self-restraint!! ;)