troublewith my engine

login

Recruit
I have a suzuki DT140TCMODEL.The engine seems to losing power it not prefoming the way it should i check the spark plug gaped them correctlly check the coberater I GAPED THE SPARK PLUGS AT 0 39 please inform me if this is correct and also what i can do to better my engines preformance

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: troublewith my engine

Hi, Bert.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />This forum is for Non-repair discussion.<br /><br />I will move this to Suzuki troubles.

login

Recruit

have a suzuki DT140TCMODEL.The engine seems to losing power it not prefoming the way it should i check the spark plug gaped them correctlly check the coberater I GAPED THE SPARK PLUGS AT 0 39 please inform me if this is correct and also what i can do to better my engines preformance

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

Check the basics first.<br />1. Check spark with a spark tester (inexpensive and available at auto parts stores).<br />2. Check cylinder compression, cylinders should be within 10% of each other.<br />3. Check temperature, is the engine overheating?<br />4. Examine the old spark plugs if you stil have them to check for a lean cylinder. Carbs may need to be rebuilt.

simoon

Recruit

Poor performance in my engine was the throttle position sensor (which advances the timing when throttle is advanced<br />)