broken carb .... look ... pic

phatmanmike

Captain
hey there kitten , i had this posted in the suzuki section, but had no answers, and since it really is JUST a carb question, i thought id move it here......<br /><br />ok, now to business.<br />i have a 20hp suzuki 1986 2 stroke .<br />while rebuilding the carb, i found that the float pins litlle posts, one of the is broken from the body and the prior owner had tried to use jb weld to stick it back on. what ideas does anybody have about how to fix the "float pin stand"<br /><br />could this be "SPOT" welded. like maybe just a lil zap or so..... its either fix it or buy a new carb<br /><br />i have heard that suzi carbs are the same for many years and models, and i would just have to change out the inner parts, jets and nozzles and such, if i get a carb from a diff model. is this true?<br /><br />here is a pic i drew of the carb... hope this helps<br />
watermark.php

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: broken carb .... look ... pic

Moving to Suzi troubles.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by phatmanmike:<br />i have heard that suzi carbs are the same for many years and models, and i would just have to change out the inner parts, jets and nozzles and such, if i get a carb from a diff model. is this true?[/QB]
Carbs are probably the same on most models with similar HP, so just find a carb on ebay or boatyard. I would not try and fix what you have as its cast junk metal that will break again (vibration) and flood ya out far from shore

gutshot grouper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Always vigilant for a way to rig up something, as I am, maybe you can wrap some very thin sheet metal around the support, such as the alum. from a Bud, or Bud Light can and attach it with a small hose clamp, no use trying to spot it back together.Make sure not to spil any brew, Gutshot in Raleigh

rmstrand

Cadet

I'm generally with Robby, however you could go to a hobby shop and buy a piece of brass tubing that would fit over the post, drill holes and using 4/40 nuts and bolts create a permanent splint. About the only way since pot metal can't be successfully welded or tacked.