ck valve on yamaha

bubbakat

Captain
I am helping a friend with his 1994 85 h/p yahama on his toon and it has a fuel problem. I am in the process of rebuilding the carbs. I also pulled the pick up tube out of the tank and it is clear but the check valve that goes in line here will barely<sp> let any air thru it. My question is can you soak these or do you replace them.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: ck valve on yamaha

depends on how old a valve it is. years ago they had rubber componts in them that gave problems. now they are made with a ball and spring. if you replace it make sure you use the correct one. some valves especially on pontoons due to most the time the gaslevel is at or above the level of the carbs.<br /> good luck but remember the anti-siphon valves are calibrated for various head pressures and all have different Hg ratings.

bubbakat

Captain

Thanks rod I have this one off and soaking it. It is the kind that screws into the top of the tank and has a spring and ball in it.<br />Thanks for the heads up on the anti-siphon valves . My manuel is real vague and is the last time I will buy anything except Oem Manuel's

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

even the oem manual does not state what the spring tension is set to. I have been known to modify the depth of the ball seat in a pinch. if you do you must test it with a vacum pump to find the new setting.<br /> good luck and keep posting