oil pump

proline

Cadet
Hi all I have 1988 150 counter rotating yamaha's.One motor seems to be using more oil than the other. have to add more oil into the reserve tank than the other and more often, this motor also shows more blue smoke than the other. my question is, is there a adjustment on the oil pump it self? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander
Re: oil pump

There is an adjustment on the oil arm linkage. You may have a bad module or sensor in the engine mounted tank causing the excessive oil consumption.

proline

Cadet

thank you I have already changed a bad module (black box on side of motor with the emergencey switch)and have also change the tank sensor, guess I have to check linkage arm. Thanks

thefishingfreak

Seaman Apprentice

look at both oil pumps.<br />is the gap on the arm stopper the same at idle?<br />rules out arm adjustment.

proline

Cadet

Hi again all between work and the weather was able to get back to the boat again, thanks for all the help. the cap was fine but the arm stoppers were off readjusted the one and now it seems to be less blue smoke. Once again thank you all.