Suzuki DT55 1988

Hi<br />I posted a question a while back about a poor spark. Well I have now bought a new charge coil & CDI unit ( what a price!). The thing started after about 10 seconds, so I thought I'd cured my poor starting.<br />NO!!<br />All 3 plugs are new. When after 2 - 3 mins trying to start the plugs look dry.<br />Back to sometimes no starting then again it will start after a quite a long time cranking.<br />I've checked that fuel is in the carbs ok.<br />When it does start, all 3 cyl start and run ok..<br />Any ideas?

mcbrid

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DT55 1988

Can't help your problem I'm afraid, but where did you get your coil please and how much was it?<br /><br />I have a DT50 that only runs on one pot and suspect ignition.<br /><br />Cheers<br /><br />Mike

got the coil locally a place in south queensferry cost me £90 which included vat and delivery.<br /><br />The coil wasn't the fault so I have my old one too if you are intersted.<br /><br />Brian

mcbrid

Recruit

Thanks for the offer - not sure they'd be the same though.<br /><br />I have a spare DT50 which has totally different electrics on it and they only produced between 80 and 84!<br /><br />Are they on the net - the co in south queensferry?<br /><br />Ta

Bosuns Locker<br />Port Edgar Marina<br />Shore Rd<br />South Queensferry<br />0131 331 3875<br />Don't know if they have web site<br />Ask for Ian as he is very helful<br /><br />Brian