Please be careful when.......

riverkid

Seaman Apprentice
If you order an outboard motor from iboats,please be advised of the following: Shipping charges are over $400.00 to my work address in Ct.(residential was $600.00+) You will be told that engine will arrive in 7-10 days.I ordered on the 7th of June.I was told engine left on the 9th,It took 5 phone calls for a tracking number.(The little s##t actually chuckled last time I called.)The tracking number I have does not exist with the trucking company iboats used for shipping.(9 days later)I verified my email address 3 times with the order taker,I haven't got a promised bill of sale or a working tracking number.I got the following excuses;"fax machine must of cut off rest of information" "It takes 2 or 3 days to generate a tracking number""he called in sick today""I promise to have your number tommorrow""I've got your email and phone number" The thing that gets me is iboat brags and pats itself on the back every chance they can."customer testimonials","hassle free ordering" etc.. The way I figure it is I'm now into 10 days of my 60 day warranty. My credit card company is ready to pounce on this sleazy practice because as far as I know or can tell I've been a victim of credit card scammers,C.C.

JRJ

Commander
Re: Please be careful when.......

I'm not worried yet. If it doesn't come in June, let us know.

fireman57

Captain

Don't get me wrong I do like this site and have order five or six things from them. Only one was a day later than they said. No, I have not ordered anything as big as an engine so i don't know how long that would be. If they said 7-10 days from the 7th of June then I wouldn't get my panties in a bunche because today is only the 16th. Call them again and be nice to the underpaid person that you talk to and see what trucking company they use and get a PO number (which they should have by now) or bill of lading number and call the shipper and see what is going on with their end. I'm not taking up for this site but they have treated me well. In any retail business things will happen from time to time but I will bet that they will take care of whatever they can to make this right. I would not accuse anyone of "sleazy practices" or "credit card scammers" in print as that could be construed as libel. If you just tell your neighbor this then it is only slander.

Boilermaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

Do you know for sure that they start counting days on the warranty the day the bill is processed, or do they count from the day delivered??? <br />I would check that out before slamming a company in print.<br /> IF it is from the day of purchase (processed credit account) I'm sure any reputable company would post date and give you credit on the warranty for a shipping mishap. I would try and resolve this with someone in customer service! <br />Just a suggestion.<br />GOOD LUCK<br /> :cool:

lladnarc

Cadet

If the tracking # does not exist with the trucking company, does not mean it is not shipped. I be a purchasing agent for my day job, and it happens to me all the time, incomplete, hard to read faxes containing the PRO# so I can't track my orders. You can call the 1-800 # for the trucking company and ask. They can track it w/out the PRO# using your zip and last name.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The problem is that you are in Connecticut.<br />Everything headed there must pass over French soil before being delivered.

riverkid

Seaman Apprentice

Today is day 10.My tracking number does not exist in Roadways network.I called them direct.I was promised a 7-10 day shipping time.The kid who took my order either lied,or there is some sort of delay.I can't get a straight answer.I have listened to every excuse you can imagine.If you promise a 7-10 day shipping time and things get delayed,fine,tell me what happened.Making stupid excuses like blaming the fax machine,or a shipping manager who may or may not exist is a sleazy,scummy trick.You've been warned,C.C.

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Before very publicly sounding off - even if you feel completely justified - remember one basic thing, Riverkid.<br /><br />In every firm, there is a chain of command. If you can't get satisfaction from your 'kid' - then move up a step to the next guy. Keep a record of his name and rank, and refer back to him personally if you need to.<br /><br />Then hit the guy above him if you have to. But you always need to get and keep dates, times, names and positions with any complaint.<br /><br />It's fairer on the company and common sense for you if you ever need to go to the top or take legal action.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

7-10 day shipping time?<br />or 7-10 day delivery time?<br />or 7-10 day shipping time plus 7-10 day delivery time?<br />What exactly were you told?<br />And are those calandar days or business days?<br /><br />If I remember correctly, my motor took 5 days to ship, then 7-9 days transit time. Never did get a tracking number. But I got my motor, in perfect condition.

CATransplant

Admiral

Let's see. You ordered on the 7th. 7-10 days delivery time. Is it the 17th, yet? No?<br /><br />You're being a little premature, I think. Calm down a little and hang in there. It'll get there.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Once the freight line picks up the engine a variety of things can and do happen to cause delays in delivery. Weather can often cause a one to three day delay. A missed truck transfer can add a day or two. Also, quite a few trucking company's will transfer the cargo to another freight line for local delivery. That one usually results in a complete loss of tracking and delivery for two to five days.

lladnarc

Cadet

Originally posted by INTERNETOUTBOARDS:<br /> quite a few trucking company's will transfer the cargo to another freight line for local delivery. That one usually results in a complete loss of tracking and delivery for two to five days.
Exactly<br /><br />Our company is well "off the beaten path" and 90% of are trucked in orders are handed off to various other trucking outfits 300 miles to our north. This results in delays sometimes as long as a full 5 business days.<br /><br />On a side note, be sure and note any and all sign of damage to the shipping container on the paperwork the driver will has you sign, It will help greatly in the event of any shipping damage claims.

riverkid

Seaman Apprentice

The kid who took my order said he tells everyone 7-10 days!!If you live in Peru,Bogata,Colombia, or Jackson Hole,Wyoming-7-10 days.Delivered!The kid just emailed me and said it's easier for him to remember if he tells everyone 7-10 days.Of course he admitted it's not his fault,it's the trucking company.Not Roadway,but Fed Ex or some s##t like that.This is sounding worse and worse.I ain't a happy boater at the moment.I found out by my chuckling order taker that this motor ships from Vancouver,B.C.I probably won't see it this summer.My tracking number still doesn't exist.I would love to talk to a higher-up at iboats.Where do they hide??? They know better than to make their email addresses or telephone numbers available.You ain't gonna' find anyone that gives a s##t at iboats.They got your credit card number,now it's the trucking company's fault for any delay.Sounds pretty sleazy to me.I'll never do business with these people again,C.C

riverkid

Seaman Apprentice

Who's this INTERNET OUTBOARD Poster?Does everyone in the outboard motor business blame it on the trucking companies? The kid at iboats told me,then admitted to me in an email,that I would receive this engine in 7-10 days and have a tracking number.I made sure he got my telephone number and the correct email address.What do I have since June 6? An outboard motor up in Vancouver and a tracking number that doesn't exist.Did he tell me that there could be a delay in shipping?No,he did not.He told me the cost for shipping and took my work address.Now he back pedals and blames it on everyone else but iboats.This is a typical marketing ploy.If he told everyone that ordered motors or parts that there could be a delay,how many orders do you think they would lose? If they tell everyone 7-10 days,a reasonable time period,people like me or you, say, great!! 2 weeks and a new motor!! Not gonna' happen'and they know it.You paid us now you wait for us.It's deceitful and dirty and they know it,C.C.

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sleazy. Deceitful and Dirty. Lies. Stupid Excuses. Scummy Trick. S**t. Credit Card Fraud.<br /><br />All this, and the ten days is only just up! If the usual norms are accepted this is probably an estimate anyway.<br /><br />Keep pushing them Riverkid, but also KEEP YOUR COOL. You'll find that blasting off too soon is counterproductive. Look at this thread - all these guys could be on your side, but their posts are mostly advising a bit of moderation instead of the line you're taking.

yater

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I still can't IMAGINE that you paid $400 for shipping. You can ship a motorcycle or jetski across the country for less than that!!!!

CATransplant

Admiral

riverkid,<br /><br />Aren't you going to feel foolish when your outboard arrives? Shipping large items like outboard motors isn't a precise thing. Yes, the guy should have told you delivery time was just an estimate. <br /><br />You're still jumping the gun here. Stuff happens. Delays happen. Calming down is a good idea.

novicetech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry Guys, As much as i Love this forum, I have to agree with river kid, I ecently shipped A 45 hp outboard via Forward air for less than 80 dollars and it arrived in 4 days.

riverkid

Seaman Apprentice

Here's the latest..The kid emails me and tells me it's held up in customs! Customs.Like British Columbia.This is ridiculous.Not only does he admit to lying to me and anyone else who orders motors from iboats,he now is blaming our government! This is the biggest load of bulls##t I've ever heard.Then he tells me Fedex is taking over and gonna' go rattle a cage and sort things out.If it smells diseased it probably is.It still isn't iboats fault.Now I guess it's Canadas or Uncle Sams fault because it's gotta' cross a border.Word is going out:iboats is the worst company I've ever done business with,C.C.

riverkid

Seaman Apprentice

Do you think I'm overreacting? Why? The little fella' that took my order told me this engine will arrive in 7-10 days.In the meantime,I'll be getting a tracking number.I ordered on June 6.It is now the 17th.I have nothing.A tracking number that doesn't work.A problem at customs.A kid that has every excuse known to man and no one else to speak to at iboats.Overreacting,not me.Now he changes his tune and tells me 7-10 days is his standard answer."I tell everyone that.""It's easier to remember." Can you sit there and tell me you guys wouldn't spout off a bit? Call it overreacting or anything else,It doesn't really matter what I'm called.I'm just pissed because they are so efficent at promoting these new/used outboards and are rather full of themselves,but when you actually deal with them they're just another greedy,uncaring dealer.