2002 90hp Yami, hose question

pfistey1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm not sure what the hose is that runs up from the lower unit through the tilt and trim component, through the mounting bracket. Is that for the speedometer? Not sure, I'd appreciate anu feedback.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />pfistey1

pfistey1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 2002 90hp Yami, hose question

DJ, while you here, can I use a Teleflex Speedometer or do I have to use a Yamaha?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />pfistey1

pfistey1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

DJ,<br /><br />Can I use a Telefles Speedometer on the Yamaha or does it have to be Yamaha's?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />pfistey1

D

DJ

Any speedo should be fine. Be aware though that boat speedometers are notoriously inaccurate.<br /><br />I would forget the speedo and buy a cheap GPS.

jasell

Seaman

If you should use the speedometer make sure that your pito hole isn't plugged (look at the leading edge of the lower gear house).<br />Depenfing of the water you are running you can expect better or worse funtionality from the speedometer, if the pitot hole get clogged you will not see any reading or you will have incorect readings.<br />A digital multi instrument from yamaha cost about 300$ but that include voltage, trip and time info as well. These functions are probably included in the GPS an lots more.