yet another prop question....

05GlastronSX

Chief Petty Officer
i just got to drive my new glastron sx 170 with the 150 merc xr6 and i have a great hole shot and great top end with my standard aluminum 19 X 21 prop. the only problem is that it likes to cavitate in corners really bad if you take a turn with a decent amount of speed. I have read about stainless steel props not cavitating nearly as much as aluminum props, so i was thinking that a 4 blade stainless would do the job... what do you think??

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: yet another prop question....

Does this get better and cavitate less on turns if you trim the engine down a little?

danie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

4 blade ss stiletto worked for me.

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

And just for the record - it b'aint be cavitatin - it be ventilatin!<br /><br />To turn faster, have you tried slamming the revs right down, spinning the wheel, and powering up again immediately? Usually spins round on a dime if you get it right.<br /><br />Sounds slower, but if your holeshot's good, it's often faster - and much more fun!

walleyehed

Admiral

There IS a point where if trimmed for max speed, you can turn and ventilate-not uncommon. The question is how hard are you turning????<br />What are you getting for Max RPM???