No water coming out of tell-tale hole on 1999 Suzuki DF70

versakos

Recruit
With regards to my previous post concerning my 1999 Suzuki Df70, with low mileage that doesn't pee but circulates plenty of water out the exhaust.<br /><br />I removed the plastic noozle that has the pee-hole in it. Cleaned out any debris (didn't notice anything) and ran engine. Still nothing coming out of the opening even without the plastic noozle removed, but plenty of water coming out of the exhaust. <br /><br />My hunch is that the tell-tale line is clogged, or the orifice that the tell-tale line is connected to is clogged. How do I clear this?

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: No water coming out of tell-tale hole on 1999 Suzuki DF70

Flush the engine after each use, replace the engine anodes, check and clean the pressure relief valve. If impeller is orignal, it needs to be changed. Check pump housing for warpage. The pump wear plate probley has a groove worn in it by now. Water pressure is only about 7 lbs, not enough pressure to keep tube clean. Insure gear oil is changed.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> yep all that needsd to be done on a yearly or at least every other year basis.<br /> however suzuki and yammi are noted for taking 3 grans of sand to stop up the tell tale. use a lenth of thin leader wire. start the motor in the water and run the wire back through the tell tale hole.<br /> here in the sand flats most people keep a piece of wire attached to the motor just for that. <br /> good luck and keep posting

manitoba1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mud-dawber wasps are notorious for making nests in the telltail hole. Stick a wire up there and see if that unplugs it.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

The little plastic nozzle that rotates will pop right off so you can clean the debris out. You also can run the engine for a few minutes without the nozzle to help clean out.