Alarm not Sounding /But temp light is

blue runner

Recruit
hello guys,, i am in need or some help/advice.i have a 1995 yamaha 200 salt water series.motors have been perforimg flawless.but the other day i decided to check and make sure that all of my sensors and alarms are performing like they should.i bought a yamaha tech manuel and checked the alarms and gauages.on my starboard engine when i short out the cylinder head temp sensors the alarm goes off and the light bar moves from green to red flashing ,like it always has done.but on the port engine when i short out the cylinder head temp sensors the light bar on the tach gauge goes over to the red temp flashing just like the starboard engine ( BUT I GET NO ALARM??)but when i turn the ignition switch over to the on position before cranking the engine the alarm comes on and sounds i think 3-times then goes off.my ??? here is is there a wire that leads the alarm from the over heating sensors.??any info would be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Alarm not Sounding /But temp light is

hello<br /> test the actual horn. make sure the yellow wire to it has 12 volts and the ground the pink lead. if the horn is bad and the module may be selftesting the other horn,<br /> not knowing who rigged your boat and with what rigging I will have to study on this a bit. but you now want to verify the actual horn and the circuit to it.I belive the visual uses the gray lead and the audible uses the pink lead<br />mmmm my brian does not function well past midnight :)P)<br /> good luck and keep posting and ill try to think more tomorrow