new 03 0x66 150

robnik1

Seaman
this motor is brand new, Ive never been a fan of aftermarket fuel additives but Ive heard much talk about seafoam and others, I also have not seen any manufacture recommendation concerning any of these types of things. Do I need this, is there Yamaha recommendation that Im missing?<br />Thanks for the input.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: new 03 0x66 150

hello<br /> yes<br /> in your owners manual it should disscuss ring free usage and combustion chamber cleaner. follow the maint schedule for that motor. O2 sensors are about 362 dollars. the VST filter is about 95 the gasket for it is about 30.<br /> it takes 45 min or so to clean/replace it. do the correct maint at the proper intervals yearly monthly and hourly and you should have many hours of trouble free service. neglect it and people like me get new shoes :) :) <br /> good luck keep posting and get the proper literature and keep it near the throne for reading.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> service and owners as well as the tune up specs and maybe the technical guide.<br /> if you wish to do your own maint then you need to learn about it<br /> good luck and keep posting

robnik1

Seaman

Exactly why Im asking. If it is not specificly recommended by the manu, would you advice againist it?