Need wiring information for Yamaha Digital Speed & Tach meter

Pannet

Seaman Apprentice
I've just got a pair of used Yamaha digital LCD multifunction speedometer and tachometer from a friend. I'd like to know if they can be used with my 1986 Yamaha V4 140HP + color code of the wires + the resistance of the fuel guage sender unit. I don't know the model / year of these guages.<br /><br />The speedometer has 6+2 wires ( grey, white-blue, white, yellow, red, 2xblack, blue, black ).<br />The Tachometer has 8+2 wires ( orange, pink, black-white, black, green-white, green-red, yellow, green, blue, black ).<br /><br />Thank you very much in advance.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need wiring information for Yamaha Digital Speed & Tach meter

hello<br /> wow without the model year of the gauges its tough. do the gauges have small thumbnail sized black rubber plugs. if the do then on the tach set all dip switches down. to the off position.<br /> if your speedo has dip switches you will have to post me the ohm value ranges of your fuel tank sender<br /> if the connectors at the engine ends dont mate they make some adaptor harness's to mate the pre 95 engines to the post 95 gauges or you can cut and splice.<br /> good luck and post me back if ya need further assistance but I will need the information about your gauges

Pannet

Seaman Apprentice

Hello Rodbolt,<br /><br />Thank you very much for your reply.<br />Both speedo and tach don't have a rubber plug nor dip switch. On the back of the speedo there is a dial selector to select between mile/hr, km/hr and knot. The tach has a dial to select number of alternator pole.<br />I can send pictures of the guages to you via e-mail.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> send me pic of the faces and the wire harness plugs. I will compare them to my 89 115. we dont get the 140 here. send them to rodbolt40@yahoo.com. may take a day or so for me to reply<br /> good luck and keep posting

Pannet

Seaman Apprentice

Dear Rodbolt,<br /><br />The pictures were sent. I hope they will tell some story.<br /><br />Thank you,