115 4 Stroke Yamaha Remote

Keithw

Cadet
Hi I have a 2002 115 4 stroke Yamaha. On occasions I have trouble starting the motor, when the key is turned nothing happens, but if I giggle the remote lever a few times it starts (the lever is in neutral). I think there maybe a faulty switch in the remote.<br /><br />Any assistance would be great.<br /><br />Thanks

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 115 4 Stroke Yamaha Remote

hello<br /> could be<br /> could also be its not adjusted properly. you will find if set up correctly its rare to have failures with the electrics. but its possible.<br /> good luck and keep posting

Keithw

Cadet

Thanks for your reply Rodbolt.<br /><br />I must say its good to get sound advice from knowledgable people. :) <br /><br />At the next service I will have it looked at.<br /><br />On another matter, the hour meter was originally wired directly to the battery. I would like to wire it to the power side of the ignition, can you please advise me as to which terminal to connect it to.<br /><br />Thanks

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

if its a yamaha gauge its color coded. otherwise take the + lead from the hour meter and go to any of the yellow 12v key on bullet connectors by the ign switch.<br /> on yammis yellow is key on 12+ black is negative. green is tach send and red is 12+ anytime the battery is connected.<br /> good luck and keep posting

Keithw

Cadet

Rodbolt, <br />Thanks for replying so promptly. Yes I have a standard Yammie analog gauge. I will rewire it when I look at the remote control.