New DT225 just got back

elcamino12sec

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well guys, just got my boat back for the dealer with having a new Suzuki 225 2stroke rigged on my boat. seems to be fine, I took it to the lake on the way home and ran well, did not run it hard do to the break in and what not, they said they use 4200 to seal the transom. My question is, its a 14x20" prop, how many hours should I give it so I can bring it up to WOT for a few sec to see if its proped properly, today I ran it about 2 hours verying the throttle from 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500 and then 4000 for a minute, just mixing up the different ranges. And if anyone was wondering, they did a nice clean install, I was inpressed, the only thing, I guess the tech bumped off my speedometer hose and it was spraying water everywhere in the cabin, Im glad i was not in salt water or my gauges would be trashed. Thanks and happy boating.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: New DT225 just got back

Did they not give you an owners manual when you spent that kind of $$,$$$.$$... :confused: <br /><br /> The full break-in proceure would be in the owners manual, I would think..

grid

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't believe the dealer didn't go through break-in with you! The first 10 hours are the most important, making the difference between a 500-hour lifetime, and 3500 hours. Part of the PDI that he signs off with you is saying he went through the break-in procedure with you. You've already run it too hard. Go back to him and go over the procedure again.

sorrydog

Seaman

Are you running double oil?<br /><br />I believe manual states break in period is 10 hours.

cggcpa1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

MY BOAT IS AT THE DEALER GETTING NEW HONDA 225.. THEY ARE PROPING OUT THE BOAT FOR ME.. I DOWNLOADED THE BREAKIN PROCEDURE AND SHOWED IT TO THEM TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE GOING TO BREAK IN CORRECTLY... CANT BE TOO CAREFUL

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to General Outboard