Yamaha or Suzuki 4 stroke

37fordtruck

Recruit
I will soon be buying a pontoon boat and can't decide between a Yamaha f115 or a Suzuki df115 or maybe a Suzuki df140. The engine will be on a 22 or 24 foot boat. Which engine is best for crusing and pulling toys? Which is most reliable?

D

DJ

Re: Yamaha or Suzuki 4 stroke

In your case, buy the engine that has the BEST dealer support. If the Suzy 140 fits, go for it.

aero320

Seaman Apprentice

The Suzuki 140 is a very good engine. You might also look at the same engine under the Johnson name. The Johnson 4 strokes are Suzukis painted white. The only complaint I hear from Suzuki owners is the sparce dealer network. It seems you can find a Johnson/Evinrude dealer in evey market area. I bought the Johnson 140 4-stroke last year and could not be happier.

Ripsnort

Petty Officer 3rd Class

For what its worth, I had alot of questions about the Suzuki 140 at the Seattle boat show and took every opportunity to get opinions...even the Yamaha dealers said that it was an outstanding engine, that should tell you something.

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer

A buddy of mine bought the Yamaha 115 four stroke almost 2+ years ago. This boat sits in salt (Never on a trailer or lift) abused, run WOT all the time, sits for months unused, runs cheap gas, aground all the time and never maintained or serviced. (One oil change since new) Despite his attempts to destroy the motor it just keeps coming back for more. I am sold on the Yamaha.<br /><br />Mac