DT2 Info REQUIRED

niva4wd

Cadet
Ive just acquired a SUZUKI that has DT2 printed on the engine tag. <br /><br />Im assuming from its size and weight, that it is a 2hp. <br /><br />Can someone please tell me the age of this unit? <br /><br />Can someone please tell me the fuel mix to run (preferably in aussie currency, ratio etc(25:1, 50:1, 100:1 etc)<br /><br />On the tag immediately before the engine number it has 0201 printed (before the serial number is stamped) then the stamped serial number is 234050

vidar

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: DT2 Info REQUIRED

Hi! it is a 80-90-00 mod...depending of color...fuel mix is 50:1... use a tcw3 oil..and its made by tohatsu and sold by suzuki... well made and will last long if given care.. :)

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Go to www.brownspoint.com<br />Sign up for an account<br />log on<br />go to the parts look up<br />It will give you a parts listing and diagrams in .pdf format.<br />I have a 1986 DT6<br />Careful of the mix as mine is 100:1

niva4wd

Cadet

Thanks ever so much Captain Unicorn! :) that site is bloody EXCELLENT!<br /><br />What more can I say? :) <br /><br />from my serial number Ive narrowed it down to being either a DT2Z / 1982 model or a DT2SN / 1992 model! <br /><br />The reason for this is that the serial number range shows only the STARTING numbers for the model, not the ending numbers. :( ( bugger! :( ( <br /><br />Well im currently in the parts diagrams and hopefully I will work it out better from there :) <br /><br />Again, Thaanks guys! :) Much appreciated! :) <br /><br />Also with the mix, my intention was that I would install a new sparkplug, then take the engine out for a run with 3-4 premixed 1 litre fuel bottles with oil/fuel mix starting at 25:1 and working right up to 100:1, then running the engine at low to mid revs (not flat out) and then if the plug oils up I will know its got too much oil, then I can remove the spark plug and de-oil it, then tip it out and install the next lower mix.<br /><br />is this a good idea or not?

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Crikey... No<br /> :D <br />I would find out from here (Iboats) exactly what the mix is for that lttle donk and mix it up to that.<br />I'll guarantee someone WILL know. I used to have a site that had every outboard's mix, but it don't work anymore. I will look around..<br />BTW Make sure it's pumping water too.

niva4wd

Cadet

Thanks again! :) Ive just fleamailed them to see waht they can tell me! :) ) I registered and downloaded the pdf's of the 2 possibilitys. <br /><br />Ive worked out that mine IS definately a DT2VN -1992 model! :) (the stickers and the engine number sequence) :) <br /><br />Again, much thanks :)

niva4wd

Cadet

THanks Unicorn, Ive actually just emailed suzuki australia with the engine number and the plate details and asked then to verify the year as i believe it is a 1992 model (from the diagrams I downloiaded from that site you gave the link to). <br /><br />THe cover on this model and the engine number show that its a 1992 model, but hey, it might have been changed for some reason, so Im checking directly with suzuki. <br /><br />Ive also asked them if they would still have an origianl owners manual for this engine, and the fuel oil ratio to suit this engine.<br /><br />Thanks for your help, if worst comes to worse, i can always do what that site for the mixes states:<br /><br /> http://archive.bibalex.org/web/20010801165541/goa-northcoastoil.com/tips/obmixing.html <br /><br />2 thru 65 hp 1976-82 50:11<br /> <br />Pre-mix Normal Service 1986-99 100:11 <br /><br />Pre-mix Severe Service ALL 50:11 <br /><br />so if worse comes to worse I would rather run too much oil and a slightly hotter plug, and remove it once in a while to clean the oil off (or even carry a spare plug) but I will await a reply from suzuki australia to see there comments.<br /><br />again, thanks! :) you have delivered quality, informative and helpful links and info! :)

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

You're welcome :D People have been helping me here from day 1.<br />I notice you wrote 50:11 (Typo I hope)<br /><br />50:1 = <br />1 litre -20ml<br />10 litres-200ml<br />20 litres-400ml<br />25 litre tank-500ml<br />50 litre tank - 1 litre (50:1) :D :D

niva4wd

Cadet

Ok heres my response from suzuki (haines suzuki australia) <br /><br />Am I correct in assuming that certain oils are better than others???<br /><br />Delivered-To: sign-sales@haines-marine.com.au<br />Enquiry:I have recently purchased a suzuki DT2, 0201 engine number:234050 <br /><br />i found some info via a service mob in USA that shows this engine is actaully a DT2VN - 1992 model. <br /><br />What I want to know is what fuel mix this engine requires, and if the original owners manual is available for this engine, part number 99011-94024-034 MANUAL, owners and if it is available, <br /><br />Any help much appreciated! This little engine seems very good for its age and size! it gets my little 10 foot tinny going reaally well (better tahn I expected)<br /><br />Hi Andrew, <br /> Thank you for your enquiry. The fuel oil premix for your DT2 Suzuki should be 100 parts petrol (unleaded 92 octane) to 1 part oil if the oil is Suzuki CCI or a BIA certified outboard motor oil or it should be 50 parts petrol to 1 part oil if other lubricants are used.<br /><br />Owners manuals for these motors are no longer printed but you may be able to pick one up second hand from M&W marine at Caringbah in Sydney.They can be contacted on<br /><br />rgjo@bigpond.com, attention Al or Bob.<br /><br />Your engtine does perform above its class and I trust that it will give you many hours of boating fun.<br /><br />Best Regards,<br />Garry Haines<br />The Haines Group<br />Visit us at www.thehainesgroup.com

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Haines are pretty helpful.<br />I loaned a manual from my book library and "Memorized" it :D :D :D <br />They are still available from a few sources new and you can even buy them through iboats. There is a USA standard which all of the Australian Outboard oil is made to meet or exceed. I just use Castrol 2 stroke Super Outboard oil, in both my Merc and Suzi.. No probs whatsoever.. Just keep the mix fresh. After 4-5 weeks toss it and re-mix. Castrol is a good reputable company.<br />"Meets NMMA TC-W3 performance specification. "<br /><br /> http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=500/1413suzi-med.jpg