Wiring diagram

Is there any one out there that might be so kind that they might fax me the wiring diagram for a 1991 250 TURP. I don't have proper diargram. and am confused regarding the oil alarm as I am trying to use my 88 200 existing harness.<br /><br />elcjr@darientel.net fax 912 267-6902

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Wiring diagram

There are a couple of problems here, Everett.<br /><br />Not only is it illegal to copy and distribute copyrighted material, it is illegal to solicit such illegal copying.<br /><br />You don't say what you have in the way of documentation, but I suggest that the correct Repair Manual will have what you need. You can buy one here: http://www.boatmotors.com/manuals.html <br />or you can borrow or legally copy the right diagram(s) at your local library.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

JB Thank you I stand corrected....<br />I have ordered a manual. There seems to be a gap existing for the Yamaha 91 250. Manual listed on the link says all units except the 250. The manual listed below it says 2 through 250 1992 on I would guess the 91 is the same as 92 but don't know. Thanks for your help <br /><br />Everett

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> I think the connector pins on the trim and oil harness's are different. all the functions are the same. you will have to have both manuals and a good method of splicing wires.<br /> good luck and keep posting. PS I think the 10 pin harness is the same but the "choke" is actually a prime start on the 250. if you use the warmup lever it will make it harder to impossible to start cold. the old choke switch will have no effect.

Rodbolt,<br />Thanks for your input. I though when I get the proper manual I can figure it out, However the good guys at hardcore marine had a 250 harness and it is own the way. I know it will be a BUGGER to pull the old and replace, but it will probaly be worth it. It will also be a help in selling my 200 if I have the harness go with it.<br />It is a recent rebuild but just wasn't up to a heavy Dusky,three fat guys and all their dive gear and tanks. <br />thanks again

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> glad to hear that problem is solved. better than cobbling wires.<br />just a quick tip on the 250 carb motor. bad t-stats that stick open or removed t-stats will kill #6 cyl. wipe the piston right out. the carbs are 6 different ones. the fuel system must be maintained:ie replace the pumps and clean the carbs on a regular basis or it will eat pistons.<br /> the cooling system must be maintained as well.<br /> new pressure valve grommet and water pump at a minimum of every other season regardless of useage. and update the engine mounted filer to incorperate the ring locking device or you will find out that a filter sucking air can and will burn a piston on a 250. if you install the motor yourself test all oil and over heat alarms as well as the overheat themoswitchs. the transfer rate on the oil from remote tank to engine tank should be less than 180 seconds from oil on to oil full and off.<br /> good luck and enjoy the motor]

RODBOLT,<br />Thanks for further information I haven't installed engine have it on a test stand, took compression all are equal and above 115 psi. I have purchased a water pump kit and the pressure relife valve (had a problem with it on my 200.) The engine mounted fuel filter has been replaced.<br />no corrosion. I did buy a Clymer manual ID B784 the wiring diagram is almost un-readable the square plug at engine threw me a curve. I did see that the oil pump and trim switch is in the square plug? Thanks again.