FINAL UPDATE: Yamaha loss of performance and efficiency

Laveread

Cadet
Here is the final update to the loss of performance and efficiency of my Yamaha 4 stroke 225 powered Pro Sports 2550CC.<br /><br />After various engine diagnostics and numerous runs on the water the final numbers are in. It was decided that a Yamaha Salt Water Series 15 X 17 prop would be the prop of choice. Although I am not back to the top speed of 49mph once achieved I am back up to 45mph at 6,000rpm. 4mph less but I now have hole shots that take half the time. I have regained efficiency and actually surpassed what I had on my old hull. Cruising at 4,800rpm I am now at 35mph vice the old hull's 32mph. This number is 7mph better then what I was getting right before I brought the boat in to get fixed.<br /><br />I have to praise Adam Munch of Boathouse Discount Marine in Melbourne, FL for his hard work and determination to put me back in a boat that I would be happy with. Total cost to me??? Nada, zip, nothing...he also did a full service on my motor at no charge. I'm not saying he will do this for everyone else but if you want a honest, hard working, excellent mechanic then he is the man.<br /><br />It was determined that the loss of top speed was due to the added weight when Pro Sports re-enforced the hull.<br /><br />I will answer any more questions about what he did, just ask here.

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer
Re: FINAL UPDATE: Yamaha loss of performance and efficiency

Wow, Better hole shot, faster cruising, and it sounds like you found a good dealer in the process. What else could you ask for! <br /><br />It’s a Christmas Miracle!<br /><br />Mac