1997 yamaha 130 loosing power

burbo

Recruit
Three years old about 200 hours, never missed a lick until now. Starts right away, and idles perfect, run at 3500 rpm or so for 15 minutes, boggs down; will not accelerate from this point unless you turn off and start again. Have opened gas cap while bogging with no effect, also pumped primer bulb...accelerates slightly when choking. Have changed fuel seperator and primer bulb with no luck. Last trip used aux tank to get home 8 miles with no problem.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1997 yamaha 130 loosing power

Hello<br /> If it will run on the aux tank ok then check everything from the selector valve to the draw tube for the main tank. some boats have a filter in the draw tube look for hose kinks or antisiphon valve problems<br /> a cheap fuel vacum gauge will help.<br />good luck and keep posting

burbo

Recruit

I dont want to seem too dumb, but how would I use a fuel vaccum guage to troubleshoot this problem? Also, checked fuel pick up tube in tank which was clean and blew out fuel line to primer bulb; gonna run remote tank tomorrow to see if I can get it to bogg. Thanks for your help

burbo

Recruit

Ran motor today for 10 miles before bogging down when reaching rough conditions, while still running, changed to aux tank with not change. tried to accelerate several times, no luck. Turned engine off and back on again and returned home at 3500 rpm with no bog on aux tank. unless someone has a better idea, am taking boat in tomorrow and have carburators cleaned and new fuel pump installed and hope for the best.