1985 Suzuki 40 HP Outboard - Prop Damage

onewire

Recruit
I own a 16ft Klamath Aluminum with a 1985 40Hp Suzuki outbord. I need to replace my prop and I am looking for the W.O.T. range for my engine. I damaged my prop while cruising at 35mph (top speed) in a river and running into a sandbar of stones (1.5 feet of water). <br /><br />** My engine still runs but the damage to the prop has set my top speed to 18.5mph!<br /><br />** Additionally, I need to replace the engine mounts which are cracked.<br /><br />Thanks in advance :) <br /><br /> :( *I don't have the manual.<br /><br />Thanks

mrn714

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1985 Suzuki 40 HP Outboard - Prop Damage

You will need the manual. Just type into your browser for one. Price is not too bad, around $25.00. It will be best to consult that for the range. <br /><br />A damaged prop should not be used at all. It is possible to repair if it is not too severely damaged. Would suggest a good prop repair place. They could also address the mounts. In some cases, welding, or breaching the cracks is possible. Replacing the mounts can be expensive. That motor is not an easy one to remove due to weight <br /><br /> :rolleyes: